Monday, April 23, 2012

Holga on Signal Hill - St. John's Newfoundland photographer


When mom called to book the session I was excited because she asked for my favourite - Holga maternity on Signal Hill. So that's what we did!

Reminder: Holga is a toy plastic camera that uses 120 film. It has a cheap lens, useless buttons and the back can pop off anytime.  I have been using this for many years and have collected a few dozen since each one has it's own unique set of flaws that I harness to create beautiful, dreamy, vintage looking photos. It's everything instagram tries to be. :D The difference is that Holga gives you 12 shots and most don't turn out. It's instagram without a net. It's the real deal. It is my favourite camera in the world.

My favourite camera in my favourite place . . . what's not to love?






 We din't only do Holga. We did a few others.








And then they had a baby!! Baby pics of sweet Samuel to follow . . . 

No comments: